Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Getting Ready to Walk

Today's post is by Dr. Philip H. Levy, Co-CEO and President of the YAI/NIPD Network

It's already the middle of March, which in my world, means that it's time to get ready for the 2009 Central Park Challenge. This picture shows Zak, the little boy who represented the CPC last year, giving me a hug. I don't think I will ever forget that moment--how I understood on such a deep level how much Zak, and thousands of other kids and their families, depend on YAI to give them a good start in life. Obviously, this is something I have known for the four decades I've worked at YAI, but that day Zak really drove it home for me.

This year, we'll be joined by my new friend Siobhan. Like Zak, Siobhan has a dynamite personality—she just lights up the room. And like Zak, Siobhan and her family count on YAI's services, which are supported in part by the Central Park Challenge. When we walk together in Central Park, we are making a huge difference in their lives.

I've already set up and personalized my CPC page. Have you set up yours? Time to get walking; I’ll see you June 6!

If you're interested in the Central Park Challenge, please visit the
official Website for more information. Thank you for reading our blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment